Friday 14 April 2017

"No Memory"

"For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more" (Hebrews 8:12 NKJV).

Sometimes it is good to have no memory :-) I had a somewhat challenging client on the phone one day. After a busy day with many encounters this client calls for the 4th time and would you believe it, I did not remember her at all (I have to say that I usually have a good memory). My co-worker had to bring back my memory about her and I just had to laugh at myself. It was like my memory had been wiped out and I got to experience how good it is when you have no record of negative emotions,  encounters or people. It's like you can start afresh with somebody or something.

Jesus already told us in Matthew 10:16 that "Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves. Therefore be wise as serpents and harmless as doves".

It is my prayer today Lord that you would help us to be forgetful people when it comes to negative encounters. Lord would you please wipe out any memory so that we can be sincere people not holding anything against anyone.

For the sake of the Kingdom of God,
-Suzanne Tanner.

Consider Colossians 3:12-17 
"Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering; bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do. But above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfection. And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him".

No comments:

Post a Comment