Sunday 28 May 2017

"Seamless Provision"

"Behold, I will do a new thing, now it shall spring forth; Shall you not know it? I will even make a road in the wilderness and rivers in the desert" (Isaiah 43:19 NKJV).

As I was massaging my husband's feet I became very uncomfortable when I discovered that he had bashed one of his toes (without knowing) and a blood clot was formed. I understood that eventually this nail would come off. As a diabetic that has not much feeling in his toes I was really concerned for his toe and the wellness of his foot in general. I instantly prayed for the toe and as I looked at it, it was as if the Lord was saying to me that it would make it through. With that impression I was confident enough to face the development of toe nail. 

One evening my husband proclaimed "Did you see honey, the nail fell off". I didn't really want to hear this, but was pleasantly surprised to see that the Lord provided a brand new toe nail that was growing underneath in obscurity. This newly created toe nail is actually better than the old one and I was just so relieved, tickled and so thankful to the Creator of all things for his foresight, infinite wisdom, creativity and provision.  

In this story we learn some important characteristics about God: When something old has to go, He provides something new. The Lord never leaves us without. There is always a way He paves for us and it is up to us to find it and to walk on it.

God is good to us.
Much love,

-Suzanne Tanner.

No comments:

Post a Comment