Monday 31 July 2017

"Detours"

"You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You" (Isaiah 26:3 NKJV).


I usually leave home about 20 to 25 minutes before I have to start work. I have everything worked out; I know the roads I have to take to make it on time but not so that morning! As I took a left at a particular street I saw that the train tracks were closed as a very long train was passing by very slowly. That "messed" up my whole plan to be on time. Frantically not happy at the possibility of being late, I did however relax knowing that the GPS would recalculate alternatives. I let the GPS have its way and despite the detour I arrived at the office just in time.

This scenario that morning reminded me so very much of our own set ways, our lives and how we think life needs play out. We are so much set in our own ways that occasionally the Lord has to "mess" up our set ways only to make us realize that it is much better to just relax and let Him guide us through life. 

Reality is that life is made up of a lot of detours and obstacles but if you have the Holy Spirit dwelling in you, your personal comforter, you can make it through life joyfully despite the unforeseen. Ultimately He knows every little detail about you, doesn't He? :-)

May you have a blessed day and let Him guide you through it, ok?

Much love,
-Suzanne Tanner.

No comments:

Post a Comment