Monday 3 July 2017

"Pursue Life"

Every time I think about it, I have an extreme sadness come over me when I realize that the baby birds did not make it. They must have fallen out of our decorative birdhouse that was attached to our garage.

The entry to the bird house is a teeny weeny one but obviously just the right size for these kind of birds. We were actually quite surprised that their tiny parents had chosen this kind of housing for their family. Since this was a decoration item we chose for the siding of our garage, it was only attached with a nail, obviously not strong enough to hold a family of 6. That day when looking into the entry hole I could only discover a sweet little feather reminding me that they had been conceived in this place of refuge. I felt guilty that we had let this slip and now the baby birds were all lying in the grass and all of them had died.

The accident in our backyard reminded me so vividly how dramatic our life is. That many of us will die without knowing our purpose, living a life lived without Christ and that made me so very sad. How blessed am I to know the love of my Heavenly Father, to know His Son died for me and His Holy Spirit that leads me into all truth? With this in mind I am pursuing life today so that many more would come to know God. Will you join me?

For the sake of making the Kingdom known to a dying world,
-Suzanne

"Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 3, 12-14 NKJV).

No comments:

Post a Comment