Wednesday 1 November 2017

"Be Alert!"

"Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world" (1 Peter 5:8-9 NKJV).

Already a little bit under time pressure, I was getting ready to go to church with my bible under my arm and my heavy handbag that was full of stuff. As I boarded my truck there were so many things on the console, my handbag and my bible under my arm and so I thought I won't buckle up, the church is just down the road. I have to say, that I ALWAYS buckle up but these were my thoughts in that very moment.

So I drove down the road and came to a 4-way stop. Come to find out that the car coming from the left was racing the streets following another car and did not stop (I was there first!) but continued the race in a zigzag mode. Luckily I did not proceed but remained in my position where I was able to observe the continuation of this crazy car race. You can imagine that my heart was pounding heavily just at the mere thought what could have happened.

We think we can take life lightly and casually but we cannot. Life is dramatic, life is happening right here and now and these are evil days my friends. We need to gird ourselves completely, clothe ourselves in our right mind and being fully aware of what is going on. We can only do that when we are walking in the spirit, walking closely with the Holy Spirit that leads us into all truth.

I think it would be good to consider afresh the Armor of God which is described in Ephesians 6: 10-16 NKJV: 

The Whole Armor of God
10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; 18 praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints— 

For the Kingdom of God and the sake of Christ.

-Suzanne Tanner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment