Sunday 19 November 2017

"You Don't Know Until ..."

"Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him" (James 1:12 NKJV).

The worst thing that could happen, well, it happened to me. I forgot to add yeast to the dough for an important order. The client was introducing his shredded beef sandwiches for the first time on that particular Saturday morning together with my signature rolls. Terrible, terrible. But the story ended good. My client was very understanding and kind and I got a second batch done just in time. All I could say was, thank you, thank you Lord.

When I prepared the dough I did not realize the yeast was missing. The dough looked good. Nothing seemed to be wrong. It worked just fine and I was able to kneed the dough without any obvious problems. I shaped the rolls with much care and the whole process took me several hours. Then the time came to put them in the oven. After a few minutes I noticed something disturbing as they were not rising to the occasion. Observing them a little more the worst thought dropped into my mind: "Did I really forget the yeast???" Yes Suzanne, you did!!! It was 6:30 am and I had to deliver the rolls at 8 am. I was hyperventilating.

Later on I thought about a principle. You never know what a person is thinking, what a person is really like until pressure comes upon them. That's the moment where you see what comes out of them and you see the true personality. The same applies of course to ourselves as well. So truth be known, all humans look alike very much like my dough. From the outside everything looks fine, you would not detect anything until of course the test comes.

So, what do we learn here? Don't be impressed by the looks, by the outside, by people. Just wait until the test comes and you will see what comes to the surface. Rule of Thumb would be to look out for the qualities of Christ.

Wishing you all a blessed Sunday and don't forget the yeast :-)
For the sake of expanding the Kingdom of God.

-Suzanne Tanner

No comments:

Post a Comment