Sunday 21 January 2018

"The Power of Trial and Error"

"For a righteous man may fall seven times and rise again, but the wicked shall fall by calamity"(Proverbs 24:16 NKJV).

One of the nice things of having a small basement bakery is, that you can experiment ... I tried out a certain recipe several times with no success and decided yesterday to have another go at it. Unfortunately I experienced another failure and was disappointed for several reasons (time, effort and cost). My initial thought was, to scratch the batch and throw it away because I did not see any other use for it.

But I changed my mind and decided to experiment a little. I poured the batter into cupcake liners to see what would happen. Oh my, right before my eyes I was able to create from scratch something new and so delicious that was initially destined for the trash can!!! Mistakes can pave the way for something totally awesome, don't you think so? :-) To my surprise, I sold them out at the Market and have received my first pre-order for next week.

I read a while back, that Thomas Edison's teachers said he was "too stupid to learn anything." He was fired from his first two jobs for being "non-productive." As an inventor, Edison made 1,000 unsuccessful attempts at inventing the light bulb.

Oh wow, does that ever speak to you, the story of the batter and the light bulb? You are valuable and it is not about making mistakes, but what you make out of them! You might say, I am useless, but the Lord says I have have purpose for you. You might think oh this is useless, but the Lord says, no I can use it. You have a God given capacity to create and even invent things that are ready to be released from Heaven. Doesn't that make you confident and hopeful. God's got you! Don't give up! Know that there is an opportunity for greatness even in the trial and error moments of your life.

Blessings to you and your loved ones.

-Suzanne Tanner

No comments:

Post a Comment